Pink Floyd's first album was originally released on August 5, 1967 under the label Tower Records in the US, and under Columbia Records in the UK. Total playing time: 34:22. The Album was Re-Released on July 7, 1987 under the label EMI Records with three additional tracks, Astronomy Domine, Flaming, and Bike. These tracks are not new compositions. Bike was originally on the 1971 album Relics, and all three appear together on the 1973 album, A Nice Pair. The song See Emily Play was removed from the re-released version. Total playing time: 41:58.

This Pink Floyd album was unique in its style and composition, because Syd Barrett, not Roger Waters, did most of the composing. This is not the case on later albums, where Waters did most of the composing. The Album contained the band's first hit single, See Emily Play, rising to number six on the UK charts. Another notable track on the album is Interstellar Overdrive, a well composed, almost ten minute long instrumental.

Track listing for the 1967 release:

  1. See Emily Play (Barrett)
  2. Pow R. Toc H. (instrumental) (Barrett/Waters/Wright/Mason)
  3. Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk (waters)
  4. Lucifer Sam(Barrett)
  5. Matilda Mother (Barrett)
  6. The Scarecrow (Barrett)
  7. The Gnome (Barrett)
  8. Chapter 24 (Barrett)
  9. Interstellar Overdrive (instrumental) (Barrett/Waters/Wright/Mason)

Track listing for the 1987 release:

  1. Astronomy Domine (Barrett)
  2. Lucifer Sam (Barrett)
  3. Matilda Mother (Barrett)
  4. Flaming (Barrett)
  5. Pow R. Toc H. (instrumental) (Barrett/Waters/Wright/Mason)
  6. Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk (Waters)
  7. Interstellar Overdrive (instrumental) (Barrett/Waters/Wright/Mason)
  8. The Gnome (Barrett)
  9. Chapter 24 (Barrett)
  10. The Scarecrow (Barrett)
  11. Bike (Barrett)