MTV Music Generator for the PC Platform

MTV Music Generator is a piece of software, that was written by Codemasters and Jester Interactive.

What does it require?

MTV Music Generator (hereby referred to as MTVMG henceforth) has the following requirements:

Minimum Requirements
(without video creation and playback)
Windows 95, 98 or Windows 2000

Pentium 200 MMX

16MB RAM

16 bit DirectX compatible Soundcard

DirectX 7.0 compatible video card

4x CD-ROM

275Mb Hard Drive space

Minimum Requirements

(with video creation and playback)

Windows 95, 98 or Windows 2000

Pentium II 266 CPU

32MB RAM

16 bit DirectX compatible Soundcard

DirectX 7.0 compatible 3D graphics card with 4Mb RAM

4x CD-ROM

275Mb Hard Drive space

Recommended Specification

Windows 95, 98 or Windows 2000

Pentium II 350 CPU

64MB RAM

16 bit DirectX compatible Soundcard

DirectX 7.0 compatible 3D graphics card with 8Mb RAM

8x CD-ROM

300Mb Hard Drive space

Supported 3D chipsets

3dfx Voodoo Graphics, Voodoo Rush, Voodoo Banshee, Voodoo2, Voodoo3

3Dlabs Permedia 2, Permedia 3

ATI Rage Pro, Rage 128

Intel i740

Matrox G200, G400

Nvidia Riva 128, Riva TNT, Riva TNT2, GeForce 256

S3 Savage 3D, Savage 4, Savage 2000

Network / Internet Play Requirements

•Minimum 33.6 kbs speed modem •IPX network •TCP/IP network

•Any other 100% Microsoft DirectPlay® supported network.

MTVMG also includes a Royalty Free License, which says that anything that you create with MTVMG is yours, completely and totally original. This is a good thing for musicians like me, and I am proud to announce that I will soon be releasing my first Album. MTVMG has the perfect set-up, for people who do not have the time, or money to hire a studio, and a group of studio musicians, once again, like me. I do realize that this may not seem like the greatest piece of software out there, but keep reading and look at the features, below.

What features does MTVMG include?

MTVMG has a number of great, and easy to use features, for the aspiring musician. You do not need to be a pro-composer to write music with MTVMG. It has the added advantages of:



-The Basic Song Stuff-

-A “Riff” Library (This is the, well, Library of riffs, where all your music samples are storred. You can scroll through, I believe, over 500 different riffs, under 5-10 different categories, and, I believe , 4-5 different styles/genres.)

-A “Riff” Palette (This will become increasingly more important once you start putting riffs into your song. This tool allows you to access all the different riffs, that you have placed in your song, so far.)



-The Fun Stuff-


-Music Jam (This is a tool which allows you to get onto the internet or network and simultaneously “Jam” with up to 6 or 8 other people. “Jamming” consists of each person having an instrument set hooked up to their keyboard (mind you this isn’t literal!) and then playing the instruments with other people)

-The “Audio Extractor” (This allows you to pull just about any .wav file into the software, and then use it to create your own riff, with the sound, as you see fit.)
-Video Player (This is a very well-made tool. It allows the player to either create his/her own video to go with the song, or the can have MTVMG auto-generate a music video to go with it. Supposedly these video/audio files, once exported properly, can be simply used as a xxxxxx.exe file, where you just click, and it plays without the software running, though I haven’t found out how to do it!)

-Clip Library (This is just like the Riff Library, except it has video elements, instead of riffs, and it doesn’t have quite as an extensive library)

-Clip Palette (This is just like the Riff Palette, in literally every sense of the word, with the only exception being that it only can see the video clips v.s. the audio clips!)



-The Load/Save/Clear all Menu (Ahhhhh, deleting is such sweet sorrow. This is just like that nifty old “File Menu” in all of your other apps, except that it can also clear just video, just audio, or both, simultaneously. And, did I mention, aside from saving in the standard MTVMG format (xxxxx.mtv) you can also save your sweetly succulent songs, as xxxx.wac files!!! .mtv, or .wav?? when did life get so hard?)

Now, I do realize that this may be hard to understand without screenshots, but that is why I have been authorized to make this unique, once in a lifetime offer- If you feel like you really want to know more, and you have either Flash or Microsoft Powerpoint or some other similar tool, than you can e-mail me at: E_Maverick2@hotmail.com, and I will be happy to mail you or e-mail you a powerpoint slideshow that I made in eighth grade, and it comes complete with text, screenshots, and a snazzy song that plays along, which I wrote in MTVMG, just to get a better grade in my English class!! Sigh….. Call now, this is a limited time offer....