I received a package in the mail yesterday and much to my open mouthed joy and delight in seeing who it was from, what it contained was even more astounding! I am in posession of jeassicapierce's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Oh dem bones so that is why you asked for my address! ah ha you have been discovered and I had no idea! I was taken completley by wonderful suprise!!

The mail arrived while I was out buying the honeybaked ham for Christmas Dinner and one of the boys had brought in the mail. Someone (no one will confess... nor deny it, an obvious implication of guilt on Mom's radar) had pulled the open tab back a smidge obviously to peep inside only to be foiled because it was wrapped in a page from the Metro section of Sunday, October 1st's The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

What did he send you? asked Number One Son(the return address label said J Pierce)

He? Jessica is a girl, I explained. He is SO suspicious of my internet friends. Oh well, tough noogies I say and enjoy my friendships anyway.

It has been a wonderful experience to have so many friends from all over the world it still amazing for me. This year I sent Christmas postcards to people in England, France, Sweden, Ireland, Arizona, Tennessee, Michigan and Washington State. I've been offering to bake cookies for the editing staff for who so generously give of their time to fulfill my deletion requests and Mitchevious discovered my offer behind the Don't display in "New Writeups" box. He said Gingerbread Men are good for the soul and I was more than delighted to bake him a dozen Gingerbread People and mail them off to Wisconsin (five became victims of my hubby and sons..even though they claim to not like Gingerbread People....I tell you nothing is safe in this house!)

In the book Jaypea writes:

Dec. 9, 2000
Lometa -
I remember you said you'd never
read this book-probably you've
found a copy by now, but I hope
you'll appreciate the browned pages
& last legs cover of this, my old
copy.
(Then she draws an arrow)
That's how I used to sign
my name before it got illegible.
I hope you enjoy this even if you've
already read it-it's one of
my favorite well-done silly books.
Please pass it on, eventually.
Happy Holidays, Lo. Take care.
Jessicapierce

Now I have to turn the book to read the rest:)

p.s. I sense you need
a lion that has sugar & cinnamon
coming out of its head.

Now how did she know that! and there it is.... a lion shaped bottle of Domino's SUGAR 'N CINNAMON:)

Well yes, JayPea I've read Hitchhickers Guide, but I am relishing rereading it again , loving every minute of it !
.....why when you write that novel that's inside of you and you become world famous then I can say I read jeassiapierces's copy of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Thank you for such an incredible holiday gift and when I finish I'll forward it on through The Great Grand E2 Book Lotto!

The greatest gift of grace is friendship.

Love,
Lo
Ointment and perfumes rejoice the heart: and the good counsels of a friend are sweet to the soul.
-Proverbs 27:9

Devotion