Last Day Log

Summer is here too early this year. Collecting the newspaper one morning last week I found the mailbox lying decapitated on the sidewalk next to a smattering of rainbow colored headlight glass and a tire tread. Walking around the neighborhood new tagging is sprouting up everywhere.

Good news! Husband wil be getting a raise soon. Number One son has been promoted at work and Number Two Son started Summer School yesterday. (He's already complaining about having to get up early and trudge off to class on the second day. Too late for a refund he's been committed to the classes for the summer)

Registered for a Beginning Quicken class at a local community college. Something interesting to do and get out of the heat for one day.

Checked into getting my teaching certificate renewed and was happy to discover it doesn't expire till next July instead of this July like I thought. Sending a letter, six transcripts and my resumé in to see just how much I have to do to renew it.

Howard says he got a call from a man in Ohio who had read his book. He wanted to know if anyone could read The Teddy Bear chapter without crying (I finished his sentence). The Christian Quarterly has bought the rights to publish chapter 7 for $15,000 and Howard will get half of that. He's working on a new book that will come out next year . In that book he says he'll address the question Is there life after grace?.

Good to see you back dem bones andp_i.

The Harvest of the Heart

So neither he who plants, nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.
- 1 Corinthians 3:7 (NIV)

Life in Christ is full of surprises because of it's many people growing and bearing fruit from the varied seeds planted in theri lives.

Devotion