Way hey !!

Last night was Number One Son's graduation from High School. So proud of him! I don't know how many times he told me he loved me. He said he was going "Wherever the night takes him." Saw so many kids all grown up now. Knew the names called, but I couldn't recognize the kids they had changed so much!
"Jonathon K________" I recalled him chewing nervously on the neckline of his t-shirt the first week of Kindergarten.
"Beau C_______" husband yawns, " That name sounds familiar." me, He was the kid who smashed the mailbox with a bat and his parents made him buy us a new one."
"Ryan W_______, Gold Diploma," Yay!! I cheer and remember him studying late nights with my son......forever having to borrow a math book because he forgot his at school.

Teacher's, (friends) there all asking 'How are you doing?'......I'm good ! I tell them. The pastor and his wife are there looking for him. It's a mad scramble of grabbing up and hugging for that one last time. His third grade teacher tells me that he's 'So handsome it nearly took her breath away!' My son's cocky response.....what makes you think that would surprise me? It was fun! On his card I write:

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My mother-in-law tells me I'm looking good, much better than when she saw me last, but so fragile she says.....funny, I think how that word keeps coming up.

No Words Necessary

Even before a word is on my tongue, O Lord, you know it completely.
- Psalm 139:4 (NRSV)
The time I spend in God's presence each day builds a relationship of wordless communication. Simply being with God is enough to assure me of so close a relationship that nothing can ever break it.

Devotion