On a sheet of wax paper or paper plate combine flour, Parmesan cheese and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, coating both sides and reserving any remaining flour mixture.

In 10 inch skillet heat 1½ teaspoons oil over medium high heat; add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, basil, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate and set aside.

In same skillet heat remaining 1½ teaspoons oil; add chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Stir in any reserved flour mixture; gradually add wine and water and continue to stir, bring mixture to a boil. Return mushroom mixture to pan and cook until heated through. Serve sprinkled with parsley.

You may notice that this is a very specific recipe to help people on strict diets who may have to watch what they eat for health reasons. This is a great meal because it's quick and easy to prepare, as well as, low fat recipe it is a favorite at our house and brimming with flavor. It has 260 calories per serving with 29 g protein; 9 grams of fat; 12 g carbohydrate; 82 mg calcium; 390 mg sodium; and 68 mg cholesterol. It's delicious served with a half cup of cooked spaghetti tossed with a teaspoon of olive oil with a stir fry medley of slice zucchini and red bell peppers a small baked apple serve with Espresso to round out a well balanced meal.


Another hint! Mmmmmmm sounds delicious:)
DerekL says: Try subbing a teaspoon each of Sherry and Brandy for some of the white wine next time you make this... Yummy! (Add it to the mushrooms about a minute into the cooking for best effect, or with the rest of the wine later if you must)