This is a low fat, inexpensive and the side perfect side dish for rib eye steaks. It will take about fifteen minutes to prepare and another fifteen minutes to cook. Make sure you have onions oil, pepper and garlic on hand. Put on the shopping list that you will need new red potatoes, about one and a half pounds. That would be about five to six small sized potatoes. Some fresh parsley and chicken broth. I buy chicken broth in the large foil lined conatiners that can be resealed and refrigerated. It's easy enough to use what I need, eliminates waste and is cost effective.

Ingredients

Peel a strip of skin from around the middle of each potato; put potatoes in cold water and set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; add oil. Sauté onion and garlic for five minutes or until translucent. Add broth and 3/4 cup parsley; mix well. Bring to a boil. Place the potatoes in a single layer in skillet. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for ten minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and put in a serving dish. Add fresh ground black pepper to skillet and stir. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serves up 6!

Some additional tips:

Using a vegetable peeler preserves most of the potato and is a quick way to make potato strips. Avoid overcrowding by making sure the skillet is big enough so that the potatoes are in one even layer for the best cooking time. For a nice Italian twist replace the fresh parsley with basil leaves and add about ¼ tea spoon of hot pepper flakes depending on how hot you like it woo! Since I'm raising two strappin' teenaged boys and a husband this is simple to prepare as a double batch. Drain the left overs and refrigerate for up to three days. Slice the potatoes and season with a vinaigrette dressing as a cool summery side dish.