At the beginning of the semester, my roommate and I went to Bradlee's at Union Square and bought a set of 8 wine glasses for about ten dollars. We figured we would indulge in some Merlot, Gewurztraminer, or some other nice wine. However, up to this point in the year, with one semester practically completed, we have only used the wine glasses for wine once. It was a cheap Merlot at that.

So here we have 8 beautiful wine glasses. Now note that my roommate and I only drink water and alcoholic beverages. In our dorm, we only drink water, and we figured that since we have these fancy glasses here, we might as well make use of them. So the wine glasses sat on our shelf over the kitchen sink for three months before we started to drink out of them.

Of course, we get occasional comments from people visiting when we offer them drinks and hand them their order in a wine glass, but we don't mind. It somehow makes the drinking process seem a lot more sophisticated and fun when we drink out of these glasses.

Maybe we're just snobs. Maybe we're just devising a scheme to rule the world, and it involves making that high pitched noise rubbing our wetted fingers along the lip of the glass.

Whatever the reason (take your pick), I suggest you try it. Ahh... the simple pleasures of life.