From In His Own Write:

I was bored on 9th of Octover 1940 when, I believe, the Nasties were still booming us led by Madalf Heatlump (Who only had one). Anyway they didn't get me. I attended to varicous schools in Liddypol. And still didn't pass-much to my Auntie's supplies. As a member of the most publified Beatles my and (P, G, and R's) records might seem funnier to some of you than this book, but as far as I'm conceived this correction of short writty is the most wonderfoul larf I've ever ready.
God help and breed you all.


John Lennon had a fairly successful solo career, both before and after the breakup of The Beatles. Some of his recordings even included Ringo Starr on drums. He had a lot of hits, including: Imagine, Instant Karma, Cold Turkey, Whatever Gets You Through the Night, and many more. The solo songs are, generally speaking, quite different from those that he wrote while with The Beatles.

He wasn't just a rock star; he was in a few movies as well. The best known are the ones he did with The Beatles: A Hard Day's Night, Help, Magical Mystery Tour, and Let It Be (also he had a small role in Yellow Submarine). He also starred in the movie How I Won the War in the mid-1960s. In addition to being in movies, he wrote two books: In His Own Write, and A Spaniard in the Works. Both are very interesting. The intro bit to this writeup is an excerpt from In His Own Write.

Another thing that John was famous for was fighting for political causes. His most famous peaceful protests were in Toronto and Amsterdam, and his bed-ins for peace, but he also participated in many benefit concerts. His political activism actually led him to be targeted by the FBI and even Senator Strom Thurmond in the early 1970s.

He was shot by a deranged fan, Mark David Chapman, in December of 1980.


Below is a discography of the solo work that he released. Release dates are for the United Kingdom. There have been many other compilations of his work that have been released since his death, but these are not included.



*Both of these albums were also released in November of 1980 by a different record label.