A staple in italian cuisine, roasted peppers are actually quite simple to prepare and keep for several weeks in the fridge. they can be enjoyed straight on an antipasto platter, on pizza, in sandwiches or in pasta sauces.
Equipment needed:
A gas or charcoal grill
A Large bowl or bucket filled with very cold water

Ingredients:
A variety of sweet bell peppers
Olive Oil

I use mainly red, yellow and orange bell peppers for roasting, green work as well but green bell peppers are higher in bitterness then their more brightly colored bretheren. Although roasting does enhance the natural sweetness of the peppers, I would only use green peppers at the peak of the season. I also like doing a blend of peppers, this adds a nice color element to dishes you prepare using them.

Fire up your gas or charcoal grill and place the peppers whole directly on the grill. Grill your peppers over high heat until the skin is charred. Once the outer surface is mostly black immediatley dunk the peppers into cold water and rub the skin off with your hands (it will come off quite easily). After the pepper is skinned, slice the peppers, remove the seeds and core and place into a clean jar with a bit of good olive oil and place in the fridge.