Well, my third book just came out ... it's a poetry collection entitled Chimeric Machines. No penises were harmed in the making of this book. It's got 36 poems and a couple of prose pieces; Tom Piccirilli wrote the introduction, and Ursula Vernon painted the cover art (you can see the cover etc. at http://las.livejournal.com/).

Other than that, I've mostly been working at the Day Job and working on deadlines. The editors at Random House recently accepted the changes to Spellbent, and I'll be getting the copyedited manuscript back late next month. I'm supposed to turn in the second novel in the series in June. Spellbent will be out sometime in January-April 2010, I believe; they just had the first meeting with the art department to discuss the cover, and I'm excited to see what they come up with. RH has had some beautiful covers, particularly for Tim Lebbon's books.

For those of you who are in Ohio, you might consider coming to the Ohioana Book Festival, which is run by the staff of the Ohioana Library. It's going to be Saturday, May 9th here in Columbus; and I and Braunbeck and about 75 other authors will be there. The headline authors include Margaret Peterson Haddix, Erin McCarthy, John Scalzi, Jeff Smith, RL Stine, and Thrity Umrigar. So, unlike certain other Ohio literary organizations, the Ohioana organizers don't discriminate against genre authors, which is very cool.

Anyhow, the book festival will feature readings, panels, live music, vendors, book signings ... it's free, and better yet, they offer free parking. You can get directions etc. at ohioanabookfestival.org.