Wow, it's been a while since I've daylogged.  Time flies when you're working full-time tech support, part-time tutoring, and doing as much freelance as you can manage.

Anyhow, back in February, my collection Sparks and Shadows won the Editor's Choice Black Quill Award for Best Dark Genre Collection.  Later that month, CGP (the company that published my collection Installing Linux on a Dead Badger) agreed to publish a collection of my poetry later this year or early next.  The working title is Chimeric Machines, and the cover will be done by artist Ursula Vernon.  Tom Piccirilli will be writing the introduction.

In other news, Gary A. Braunbeck's story "In Cupboards and Bookshelves" will be in the new HELLBOY anthology, Oddest Jobs (edited by Christopher Golden). The book will be released in July so it coincides with the release of the new HELLBOY movie. Mike Mignola will be doing an original illustration for each story in the book.  For those of you who've read Gary's novels, the HELLBOY story takes place behind the scenes of some of the events of In Silent Graves.

Last month, Gary and I went to World Horror in Salt Lake City, and a good time was had by all.  I got to meet my literary agent for the first time.  Bob-my-agent told me where we're at with Spellbent (my newly-written urban fantasy novel) in terms of who's seen it and who's made positive noises looking at it and I'm very hopeful that it will find a good home fairly quickly.  

The big news of WHC is that Gary won two Bram Stoker Awards, which brings his total to 5.  The first is for his novella Afterward, There Will Be A Hallway, which can be found in Five Strokes To Midnight, which also won him an editing Stoker for Best Anthology.  If you want to see his acceptance speech, it's available here:

http://www.youtube.com/v/vuLz9Aszoac&hl=en

And in more mundane news, I got to move to a better shift at work, so I'm getting home before dark, which is nice.

And those are the highlights of what's been going on.  The lowlight was that our garage flooded the week after we got two feet of snow, but the damage was minimal, thank goodness.