Another element to the controversy over "Innocence of Muslims" is that apparently the director/producer Sam Bacile wildly misrepresented the plot of the film to the actors and had their lines over-dubbed without their permission with entirely different dialog.

According to actress Anna Gurji, the film she and the other actors thought they were performing in was a low-budget adventure movie called "Desert Warrior", which was supposedly about ancient tribes in Egypt fighting to possess the remains of a comet that had crashed into the desert. In the scenes Ms. Gurji acted in, the tribal leader her character was sold to was named George in the partial script she and her co-actors worked from.

Ms. Gurji writes: "There was no mention EVER by anyone of MUHAMMAD and no mention of religion during the entire time I was on the set. I am a hundred percent certain nobody in the cast and nobody in the US artistic side of the crew knew what was really planned for this 'Desert Warrior'."

You can read the rest of her statement at Neil Gaiman's site: http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2012/09/a-letter-from-scared-actress.html

On 9/19/2012, another actress in the movie sued Sam Bacile and YouTube/Google for damages. Actress Cindy Lee Garcia says that she received death threats and was fired from her job as a result of the over-dubbed movie clips that appeared on YouTube.