I've finished the content for Chimeric Machines (scheduled to be published in November 2008), barring a few revision tweaks based on feedback from first readers. But my goal was to have the content essentially set before Mo*Con (this weekend in Indianapolis), and I'm on target.

After I get back from the con, I have to start hitting the Spellbent sequels ... Del Rey wants the second book by January 15, 2009, and Book 3 will be due August 15, 2009. That's 7 months for each, which should be enough time, but I best not dilly-dally.

But the relatively quick novel deadlines also means that I won't be doing short fiction unless I'm invited to submit someplace. It may or may not mean less noding.

In other news, my allergies are going berserk. I've done the Claritin vs. Zyrtec test, and Claritin has come out ahead, largely because Zyrtec knocks me the heck out. If I wanted to sleep all day, I'd just take Benadryl (cheap!). So, functionality FTW!

In allergy-unrelated news, Installing Linux on a Dead Badger made the long list of of nominees for the British Fantasy Society Awards 2008.

As one of the Brothers Strong would say ... holy crap! I think the BSF Awards work the same as the Bram Stoker Awards in that they go through an initial round of voting, and pieces that make it to the next round are considered official award nominees. Even if the book doesn't make it to the final ballot, it's nice to be noticed.

And finally, Gary will be teaching at the next Borderlands Press Boot Camp, which will be held January 23-25, 2009 in Towson, MD. The other instructors include Ginjer Buchanan, Mort Castle, Douglas Clegg, Thomas F. Monteleone, Thomas Tessier, F. Paul Wilson, and Douglas E. Winter.