I'm in a huge warehouse, adorned with huge hanging velvet curtains of purple, burgundy and gold, covering the walls and ceiling. The place is a huge combination whorehouse, strip joint and sex-toy clearance center. It's like the Wal-Mart of sin.

I walk around some of the displays, peering at the odd items within, some of them quite colorful and twisted into weird shapes. I notice the live nude girls, walking, dancing, giving lapdances. I watch the bodyguards,(the place is full of them) all of them bald, bulldog-faced, and staring everyone around them with suspicion, especially me.

I talk to a prostitute for a while. She lies on a luxurious bed, and we're in a private room. She is wearing velvet gloves. She is very relaxed. She stretches and smiles a lot, her curly red hair spills out over the satin sheets. She laughs at all my jokes. Maybe I buy her services, maybe I don't. I don't remember.

If I had I think I would remember.

I go into the parking lot to leave. A white van is there, menacing. A policeman, climbs out. He drags me into the back of the van and shuts the door. He curses, and spits and seethes. He threatens and shouts. He grits his teeth. He looks just like the cop from the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but he doesn't want to kiss me.

He wants to frame me for something and haul me in. I knock him out, or I kill him, I don't remember. I hide his unconscious body/corpse in a bush.

I'm trying to run away. I steal the van, the unmarked police van. I steal it. And I drive really fast. I drive really fast in a stolen, unmarked, police van.

I drive through a ski-resort. I'm on a snowmobile. An unmarked, white snowmobile. I stop.

My sister is there. She ignores me.

My mother's best friend, since high school is there. She smiles. She lectures me. She tells me things I already know. But I am in a hurry. I'm getting antsy and she's smiling and lecturing. Lecturing about skiing, about speed-skating, about safety.

The sky is a fierce, darkest blue, with stars. Hard stars. The slope has rails, with vibrant colors. Eight colors. And I'm trying to escape on my unmarked, white, police snowmobile. But she's lecturing about something. Skiing?

Who cares? I have a van again. An unmarked police van. It's white. I disappear down the slope.


I... drift.