Boy, do I feel out of the loop.

I just got back from spring break today, and while I was home, slow dial-up connection, later replaced by slow and flaky cable modem kept me from being particularly involved in the E2 universe. Although I managed to write a few nodes, I didn't really hang out much.

And now I'm happily back on campus, and I log on and see that I missed all the fun.. :-(

Oh well. I also haven't written a daylog in almost forever, so let me give a quick rundown on my life for anyone who might care...

So, as anyone who has been following my daylogs knows, I am in the process of deciding which graduate school to go to. Basically, this involved bouncing around the country, talking to zillions of people, and trying to pick among a bunch of great choices.

The first school that I visited was MIT. This was three weeks ago. So, I was at MIT on March 10th and 11th, then back in Pittsburgh for almost an entire 24 hours. Then I flew out to California to visit University of Southern California. I was there from March 13th to March 15th. Back to Pittsburgh. Carnegie Mellon University's open house for the Robotics Institute was on March 18th and 19th. Then I actually went to class for a few days, before flying to Atlanta to visit Georgia Tech for 2 days. Then I flew from Atlanta to Pittsburgh, spent 5 hours in the airport and then flew back down to West Palm Beach to go home to Boca Raton. And since then, I've been sitting in the sun.. And as I mentioned, I am now back in Pittsburgh to continue going to school.

Oh yeah, and I found out while I was in Atlanta that I got an NSF Fellowship.

And I went and checked my mail today and found a weird packet of papers from Stanford. As my faithful readers know (not that I expect to actually have any), I got rejected from Stanford, so I was a little surprised to get a big envelope full of papers asking me if I was planning on accepting their offer and if I require financial assistance. Huh? And then I continued digging through my mail and found a letter of acceptance to the Masters program. But since I want to go into a PhD program, that's not actually very helpful. Maybe I'll call then and bitch and moan for a while.

So now the big question is, which grad school did Maayan decide to go to?

And the answer is.... Probably Carnegie Mellon, although USC is still in the running... I should make up my mind, shouldn't I?