I'll describe the way I feel, weeping wounds that never heal.

Lately, I've been feeling more and more disconnected. Unplugged from my own life, as though I was on the outside of a window, looking in on events I take no real part in. I barely feel anything anymore, except emptiness. This terrible fear is nagging at me, tugging at my brain the way a small child tugs her mother's skirt to gain attention. Everything is meaningless. Success, love, happiness, unattainable and worth nothing. Life means nothing.

Can the savior be for real, or are you just my seventh seal?

I can't pinpoint when this started happening, when I lost control, chose to step outside myself instead of take charge of my own body, my own mind.

Gravity, no escaping gravity.

I just want it to stop. I want to feel again. Pain, pleasure, it doesn't matter so long as I feel it. I want to be the one steering this broken ship through the waves of chance, even if it means crashing on the banks of failure. I want to be the one at the helm when it crashes, not leave it open to fortune, who guides all ships astray.

I fall down, hit the ground, make a heavy sound.

I'm through pretending. It's time for me to live the life I want for myself.

I'll describe the way I feel, you're my new Achilles heel.
Can the savior be for real, or are you just my seventh seal?
No hesitation, no delay, you come on just like Special K,
just like I swallowed half my stash, I never, ever want to crash.
No hesitation, no delay, you come on just like Special K,
now you're back, with dope demand, I'm on sinking sand.
Gravity, no escaping, gravity,
I fall down
hit the ground
make a heavy sound
every time you seem to come around.