Downvoters: /msg me your reasons.

Jeffrey Archer is 'Probably the greatest storyteller of our age', according to the Mail on Sunday. But did you know he also writes novels? And did you know...

  • Jeffrey claimes his 'Simple Truth' concert for the Kurds raised over fifth-seven million pounds, whereas the simple truth was that it raised only four million pounds.
  • Jeffrey was a member of the DCM League, which you can only join of you or a close relitave holds the Distinguished Conduct Medal. When asked, Jefferey said "I rarely talk about my father and his DCM". Maybe that's because his father - William Archer - didn't win the DCM; It was a completely different William Archer.
  • Some years ago, Jeffrey Archer had a little problem with his maths. He had to return money to the UN Association, a charitable body, after no fewer than sixty-nine of his expense claims were proven false!
  • Jeffrey joined the Metropoliton Police in 1960, but in the mid eighties, he denied in The Times Diary that he had once been a policeman!
  • Jeffrey's father was the British Consul in Singapore, according to an interview in the Guardian in 1973. The trouble is, Singapore has never had a consul; Jeffrey's father was a local journalist in Weston-Super-Mare.
  • Jeffrey once said in an article for the Sunday Times "Mother was very proud when I got to Oxford. She was very upset when I left after graduating." Curiously, Jeffrey doesn't have a degree, or any 'A' levels for that matter!
  • Jeffrey claims a qualification from the University of California at Berkeley, but when asked, they had no record of him at all!
  • When Jeffrey visited Kurdistan, he urged the locals to shout Bijou Kurdistan, which he thought meant 'Long Live Kurdistan'. In fact, Bijou means 'Bastard'.

He is now an author, and writes supprisingly readable books about topics like CIA Assasins.

Update - 21/06/2001 - Jefferey is currently being tried in London; In the 1980s, the Daily Star claimed he slept with a prostitute, and he sued for libel; he won. It's alledged he fabricated evidence, got people to make false diaries, give him an alibi, etc. and many people are now coming out with evidence. Personally, I hope he looses.