I was outside the College during finals. I was taking a break, wandering around. It was cloudy and the sun was setting.

It began to snow.

Thin flakes fell to the ground, forming small piles which began to melt barely a moment after reaching the ground. In the dream, I recalled that a company had been advertising their cloud seeding service heavily that winter. They would take the ashes of the dead and make it snow on a day special to the deceased or their family. An announcement would be given beforehand so that everyone would know it was snowing in commemoration of the dead.

I hadn't heard any announcements, so I wasn't sure whether the snow was natural or artificial. I felt angry at this company for making "fake" snow. Now I could never be sure if my winter wonderland was caused by the water cycle or some company making good on a family's loss.

I told myself it didn't matter, that if it was going to snow, it was going to snow. The company just helped things along. I went back inside and talked to a classmate about it. He seemed more interested in the technical aspects of the cloud seeding. I then rejoined a study group headed by my Chemistry professor.

A blonde, punkish student objected to the use of God on the exams, but professor pointed out that the exchange students weren't bothered by it. Only native students did worse.