You forgot a few types. First, there are the pr0n trolls.

These were the sort of trolls who would drag up bad porn stories from God knows where and post them to Slashdot. Sometimes they'd change names to involve the Slashdot crew in all kinds of orgies. Other times they'd simply put CmdrTaco into sexual situations involving his sister, his mother, JonKatz, VA Linux, or just about anyone else.

These trolls seem to be extinct, however. They seem to have evolved just after the "Karma Whore!" stage, but died out several months back.

Then there are the goatsex trolls. These trolls live for goatse.cx and exist for one purpose alone: to trick people into going there. The problem with these trolls is that they're getting much better at what they do. Many have figured out tricks to make their fake links look like actual parts of the Slashdot layout, just to keep people from suspecting a thing.

There is the variant on this kind of troll that doesn't even try to hide the link. Usually these trolls will consist of only a few words (often just "GOAT SEX" with the appropriate link). While annoying, at least these are easy to spot.

I'm pretty old-school on Slashdot (my ID# is sub-2500) but I don't remember exactly when the goatsex trolls evolved. My guess is around the same time as the KARMA WHORE stage.

For some of the more infamous trolls, see also: OOG_THE_CAVEMAN, Bob Abooey, and The WIPO Troll.