Sarah Slean began her music lessons at the young age of three by banging away on the unused piano in her home. Despite her parents efforts to get her involved in other activities like tee ball, swimming, basketball, figure skating, Sarah realized that "the only thing (she) liked was the piano".

At 17, Sarah began to move away from the protective confines of her home and began taking her music around her native Toronto, Ontario. Sarah's skill on the piano drew the attention of many, earning her praise from the local media. Although Sarah would go on to study classical piano at the University of Toronto and York University for two years, she found the thrill of the stage to be more exciting than "playing Bach for her music theory classmates".

Since returning to the stage, the singer/songwriter has released four albums. Her debut EP Universe appeared in 1998, followed up by Blue Parade in 1999. These highly acclaimed independent releases have sold more than 15,000 copies combined.

In 2000, Sarah's music began to be noticed by Hollywood. One of Sarah's early songs, "My Invitation" appeared in an episode of Dawson's Creek. "Sweet Ones" appeared on Fox's Murder in Small Town X. She has also appeared on many compilations including Women & Songs, appearing alongside other musicians like Tracy Chapman, Jewel, Natalie Merchant, Paula Cole, Bonnie Raitt and Sarah McLachlan.

2001 was a great year for Sarah as she signed with Atlantic Records and released a self titled EP "Sarah Slean" with complete orchestrated versions of earlier songs, and re-releases of songs from earlier discs.

In 2002, Sarah released her first full-length disc Night Bugs, an album composed entirely of her own music, as well as her own orchestrations.

The future looks bright for one young performer.

Web: http://www.sarahslean.com/