My first write-up on E2.

This is my first day on E2. There are a lot of nice people on here. It's cool to see how many people are willing to help me out.

My brother (Inflatable_Monk) suggested this site to me after I told him I would like to keep a journal of my day. I suppose I'll start off by telling you all a little about me.

I'm 20 and still live at home (though it hardly feels like I'm ever there). I work for a grocery store called Baker's and spend most of my time working there and going to college part time. I'm a Christian, but from what I've heard, not as vocal about it as my brother.

Today was the usual stuff I usually have to put up with, but as I was checking, a woman came through my line. She comes to the store a lot. She is very beautiful and has a very pretty smile. One thing that was very distinguishable though was a bruise she had under her eye. I didn't think about much as I was checking her out, but then I remember about a week ago when she came in and she had a broken finger. I asked her what happened to her eye and she told me the usual answer of, "I fell."

All of a sudden a gentlemen a little bit shorter then I and a whole lot skinnier, came up to her and showed affection.
So this is the boyfriend. I thought.

Soon the women couldn't find her credit card and the boyfriend was getting impatient. He started speaking in a loud voice.
"What's the matter with you? You're always losing something!"

She didn't say anything, but I could tell by the look in her eyes she was thinking, Not here. Not now.

They quickly loaded up the cart and they were gone as quickly as they came in. I was left wondering Should I have said something? What could I have done? How many people in this world see these kind of things happening and choose to ignore it like I did like it's none of their business. Little bouts like that in a grocery store may seem small, but they may turn into bigger things and by the looks of the bruise under her eye, that lady had already encountered the "bigger thing". Next time, I won't sit back.