Charlaine Harris is the author of the Aurora Teagarden mystery novels, the Lily Bard Shakespeare novels, and latest the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire novels.

Born on the Mississipi Delta, and metriculated through the Memphis Rhodes College, Charlaine has been writing most of her life, whether poetry, plays, or novels.

Harris' novels have a deft Southern touch to them that has all of the charm, but while acknowledging the factors behind the stereotypes of Southern life, works in spite of them, and thus has a very real and fascinating quality to it.

Ms. Harris currently resides in Arkansas with her three children, where she is a member of Mystery Writers of America and the American Crime Writers League, as well as being on the board of Sisters in Crime, and president of the Arkansas Mystery Writers Alliance. She's into weight lifting, goju karate, and an active participant in the Episcopal Church. Interested parties should call...


Stand-alone novels

Sweet and Deadly (1981, Houghton Mifflin)

Albatrosz Konyvek (1981)

Robert Hale (1981)

A Secret Rage (1984, Houghton Mifflin)

Severn House (1984)


The Aurora Teagarden Series

  • Real Murders (Walker, 1990)
  • A Bone to Pick (Walker, 1992)
  • Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (Walker, 1994)
  • The Julius House (Scribner, 1995)
  • Dead Over Heels (Scribner, 1996)
  • A Fool And His Honey (St. Martin's Press, 1999)
  • Last Scene Alive (St. Martin's Minotaur, 2002)

The Lily Bard "Shakespeare" Series

  • Shakespeare's Landlord (St. Martin's Press, 1996)
  • Shakespeare's Champion (St. Martin's Press, 1997)
  • Shakespeare's Christmas (St. Martin's Press, 1998)
  • Shakespeare's Trollop (St. Martin's Minotaur, 2000)
  • Shakespeare's Counselor (St. Martin's Minotaur, 2001)

The Sookie Stackhouse "Southern Vampire" Series


Sources:
http://members.aol.com/femmesweb/harris.htm
http://www.charlaineharris.com/