user since
Tue Oct 31 2000 at 21:45:12 (23.5 years ago )
last seen
Thu Feb 17 2022 at 14:22:41 (2.2 years ago )
number of write-ups
129 - View Mr. Frog's writeups (feed)
level / experience
5 (Crafter) / 1901
C!s spent
10
mission drive within everything
To learn and to teach, the two most noble professions.
specialties
robotics, inline hockey, classical trumpet, classical alto saxophone, steel drums jazz trumpet, jazz tenor saxophone, attempting to do jazz composition and play guitar
school/company
Westinghouse
motto
Sometimes it's easier for someone else say it for you.
most recent writeup
Cool as Ice: An E2 gathering on the slopes of Salt Lake City
Send private message to Mr. Frog

At the moment, I am an Mechanical Engineer at Westinghouse. Feel free to e-mail me at hoover.ryan@gmail.com.

Why the name, Mr. Frog. One night I was playing a game of NHL 98 with a friend of mine. When we joined the game my name was my old AOL screen name. His name was Mr. Frog. I thought the name was catchy, a pretty cool name. Since then I have used Mr. Frog or a derivative of it and use it for all my aliases.

In my opinion, Jazz is perhaps the best kind of music.
Mr. Frog's Favorite Recordings
This is mostly a list of stuff I've got. There are obviously some albums missing, but I don't own them.

  • Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
  • The Best of Miles Davis and John Coltrane - Miles Davis and John Coltrane
  • Porgy and Bess - Miles Davis
  • Bitches Brew - Miles Davis
  • Birth of the Cool - Miles Davis
  • Analog Playground - Charlie Hunter Trio
  • Bing! Bing! Bing! - Charlie Hunter Trio
  • Cantaloupe Island - Herbie Hancock
  • Headhunters - Herbie Hancock

    Quotes that I like:

    "It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."
    -Tyler Durden

    "When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all."
    -Paul Simon in Kodachrome (Good old Hampton High School)

    "There is no such thing as a bad note, only bad choices"
    -Thelonious Monk

    "American Culture is very 'jazz-shaped,' the sudden turns, the shocks, the swift changes of pace (all jazz shaped) that serve to remind us that the world is ever unexplored, and that while a complete mastery of life is mere illusion, the real secret of the game is to make life swing."
    -Ralph Ellison

    "If you don't like using Metric and USCS measuring systems, maybe you should change your major to philosophy. There you can argue and never solve a problem. Here we solve problems."
    -Professor Jonathan Wickert, Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University