Things that suck include girls who stand you up.

I returned to my second semster feeling very good about being me. I tore up the first semester of CMU pulling almost straight A's with absolutely no effort. Over break I had an awesome time with my friends. I was feeling so good I decided to take a risk and ask this girl out.

We both love jazz. I figured let's go out and listen to some live jazz. There was a show that lasted four hours. She told me that she would meet me there as she had to say goodbye to her parents. I thought that seemed fair enough. This turn of events led me to feeling better than I had felt in a while.

I went to see the show when it began. I sat for two hours before she showed up. She had just finished eating dinner with her mother. That was perfectly acceptable to me. However, she told me that she would be back later. Law & Order was more important to her than I was. I thought that after she finished watching the show she would be down for the final hour of the jazz set.

I sat for the hour of the TV show. Then I sat for the hour of the jazz set. She still did not show up. I walked home all alone.

Being that she was with her mom, I figured that her family had just held her up. With this in mind I invited her to watch the movie Office Space in my friends dorm room. She told me she would be there. However, she did not show up.

Things that suck include girls who stand you up.