Today I have graduated from being a student to being an alumnus of Southern Adventist University!

(Kabo kabo kabo! Yay Muke!)

I got up early, noded a dream (Dream Log: May 13, 2001), robed up, and waited around the tennis court lined up with the rest of the graduates before the program. The guy in charge made a dire announcement that this was our last bathroom break for the next three and a half hours.

(Three and a half hours?)

Pomp and Circumstance started, and we all marched in, under the compound eyes.. er, combined eyes of an average of six people per graduate (we only got about six tickets each) so about 1,800 people were in the gym, not counting us and the faculty and the 50-year alumni.

Anyway, the program started, and they presented awards to teachers. They read out the little teacher biographies directly out of the program, which was a little tacky. They gave an award to one of my least favorite teachers--I won't name him here, but even his little bio (which he probably didn't even write) had an example of his kind of irritatingly circular thinking: it said, roughly, "as Research Professor of Systematic Theology, he is currently working on a systematic theology".

The speaker came up. He said he'd make it short (and I was like: oh, three hours and fifteen minutes)... but he was really serious, it was a very short address. I liked that. The reading of the names and the handing out of the faux diplomas went by quickly with only a couple of mistakes; the dean completely missed out reading Self's name and left the guy standing there, and later he completely stumbled on the complicated surname 'Wasyliuk' instead of barging through it haphazardly like everyone else's.

All in all we were out in two and a half hours, which was pretty good. I had invited twelve friends of mine to a graduation party at my house afterwards, but as it was the end of the year most people had plans to go home (and some had Mother's Day plans) so only two of my friends from school ended up coming: Matt and Jimmy.

But I was happy because my brother Tim was able to make it.

I got a new 1100MHz computer from my mother for graduation. So I got to set that up today, which left me able to mess around with my new digital camera. (My old box didn't have a USB port for it.)

Anyway, I have to start packing my things up. I'm moving out of the dorm tomorrow.

I don't want to leave this place. It's my home, and my friends...
I will always haunt this place.