I found this while looking for a node to vent this personal thought: I actually prefer Windows.

The thing is, I am always bashing Windows and Bill Gates and his Evil Empire, and doling out the good words for Linux and Mr. Torvalds, but the reality of the situation is this:
I have been using an MS OS on my PC since I first owned an XT. I like the beautiful geek ethics involved in something like Linux, but the fact is that I must use Windows. I use Adobe Photoshop (yes, Mac would prolly be a better platform for Photoshop), I am a very heavy gamer too (yes, the games I prefer to play, Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena are both supported on Linux), and I like to mess around with hardware and I'm on the internet for most of my time.

See, but I can't get all of those things individually with Linux or Mac OS in my opinion. Gaming in Linux would be something of an exercise, and for someone who has as diverse interests as me, I have no time to be dinking around with the OS and recompiling this and that, as much as the thought of being able to do so appeals to me. So yes, I could go on, I could give a list of reasons why I do hate Windows, and why I do love Linux, but at the end of the day, I'm sticking with Win98 on my PC. It crashes about once a day, but I am lazy and it balances fine with me that I can do the things I want to do.