Actually, because of all the legal fees, death penalty costs the tax payers a lot more money than to keep the offender in prison for life. So the excuse that killing criminals off is not actually a valid excuse. Also, what a lot of people don’t know is that most serious crimes that normally get death penalty, such as rape and murder will never get parole if they do get life in prison. Parole is given, usually, after one third of the sentence has been served, and rape and murder usually get five or six LIFE TIMES. Therefore they would not get parole until ATLEAST one life sentence has passed, thus the parole in this case is merely word play. Killing a killer? Now, does that really make sense? The judicial system should PROTECT the citizens from criminal, which is what it does by putting them in jail. But killing them? Two wrongs don’t make it right. The youngest person to have ever been executed was seventeen years old, they had to put phone books so her head would reach the helmet.

We should set an example, not continue with the bloodshed. Have you ever watched a video of someone being put to death? My second major is Criminal Justice – I have watched quite a lot of them. There is nothing sadder when hearing the speeches given by the families who lost a loved one. But it is equally sad to what someone’s eyes as they receive that fatal shock of electricity. It is scary to watch someone die. How can we grow to be a more humane society is we punish murder with murder?