Ignorance

He takes one last puff from his cigar before tossing it into the ashtray. The black sea of protestors on TV wave their signs and banners in anger. He smiles, he feels secure because he is sure of their ignorance. He knows he questions them, they are too low to question him; they are abstract to him. He turns off the television, and walks out onto the stage, and approaches the podium. There are boos and shouts, but they are from misunderstanding, he assures himself. He bends the mike upwards, and begins to speak.

"An apartheid is simply an enforced measure to ensure good neighborliness. After it rains, the sun emerges from the clouds, light shines through that rain. The rain divides the sun's light into its true colors. Then you can see that we are different. The colors of the rainbow that forms are not mixed together into one brown mass. they are kept seperate from each other, so they can bask in their own beauty. They are not contaminated by each other.

"This is the reason for the apartheid. Since the days of slavery we have gained great intelligence and wisdom. We know that we cannot live together, but not because one is better than the other, simply because that we cannot get along well. Mixing the rainbow's colors causes corruption and hatred. Wars stem from the dark, black, color of a rainbow.

"The dark rainbow casts a shadow of unlawfullness across the land. There is never any rain to divide the light into its true colors. Because there is no rain, the land dies, and so do the animals and the people.

We refrain from allowing anyone but whites into the government because of the close work and debating that takes place. Many grudges would be held, many bad decisions would be made in greed or hatred. With the apartheid we are simply trying to make sure everyone gets along and that a peace holds within the fragile interior of the rainbow."