A loud knock on his office door startled him. He was grading papers, and was in the middle of reading a particularly convoluted one, trying to figure out if it made any sense. He sighed. His patience was wearing thin, his back ached, and he disliked the interruption.

"Come in," he said, attempting to sound more congenial than he felt. He shifted on the threadbare office chair, trying to find a more comfortable position. It creaked in complaint.

"Professor?"

He looked up from the beat-up desk. The intruder was one of his undergraduate students, a pretty brunette with sea-green eyes and too much makeup. About 20 years old. She was wearing a short skirt and green tank top, which emphasized her figure and complemented her eyes. Her floral perfume struck him with particular force, too strong for the small office. He sighed again, mostly to himself, and put the paper aside. It was almost time to call it a day anyway. Jess had called earlier to tell him that she was making a stir fry for dinner, and to remind him to pick the boys up from soccer practice on his way home.

"How can I help you?" He asked, politely. He would have used her name, but he couldn't remember it.

She smiled at him and approached the desk. "It's Brandi. I'm in your General Physics course? I wanted to talk to you about the exam we have coming up."

"Yes, of course. Brandi. I remember," he lied smoothly, his mind still on the stir fry, "ask away."

"Well, it's like this, professor," she said in a soft, seductive voice, leaning towards him so that her cleavage showed to best advantage, "I don't understand the material. I'm sure I'm going to flunk, and I really, really need this grade. I'd.. I'd do anything to pass." She looked at him intently, with wide eyes, making sure that he understood the nature of the exchange she was proposing.

He leaned forward, nodding slightly. "Yes?" He murmured, in a husky voice, "anything?"

She moved her face closer to his, so that their faces were almost touching and her large, well-formed breasts were practically bursting out of her top. "Anything," she agreed, her eyelids fluttering. She was very attractive, very young, very fresh.

He leaned back in his chair, away from her. He located the paper he had been reading before and started perusing it again. Surprised, she drew back and retreated a few steps, heels stumbling on the patchy carpeting. He spoke without looking up at her, his eyes on the paper.

"If you'll do anything for this grade, how about you go study?"


You may have heard this story before, told as a joke, however, my grandmother claims that this actually happened to my late grandfather, back in his teaching days.