I want.

I want a woman who is sexy, appreciates me and likes to wear thong bikini briefs. I want a computer that is worth working on. I want a book deal. I want peace and quiet. I want to be independently wealthy. I want time (oodles of it). I want to finish my book. I want to be published. I want to come to the cafe without being bothered, just once. I want a car that gets good gas mileage, won't break down on me, looks great, serves my purposes and won't cost an arm and a leg. I want a decent Internet connection. I want a home of my own. I want to be loved. I want to be a human success (as opposed to a human failure). I want a full stomach when I go to sleep at night. I want guiltless sex that actually means something and isn't going to cause me either an emotional or physical problem somewhere down the road. I want this country/world to grow up and get its shit together. I want to live in a place where the weather is great, but isn't dangerous to live in because everyone else wants to live in such a place, especially idiots and criminals. I want to have children one day. I want a new wardrobe. I want people to understand that Australia is an island, too, but a damn cool one which I hope to see one day. I want more than one piece of furniture that actually fits my accomodations. I want to hear some original thoughts instead of people quoting original stuff and cackling at what they think is their sharp wit. I want my friends to grow some brain stems and stop asking me advice on things that they are perfectly capable of figuring out on their own. I want to find my own voice, one that resonates and makes people go, "Damn." I want mobility and freedom and the chance to move without borders or fetters. I want to have freaky monkey sex with twins without the freak or the monkey. I want to be someone's hero. I want to be able to stop time on a dime. Just to say that I've done it and I know what it feels like.

I want a lot of things- all those and more. But life is like that, isn't it? It leaves you wanting. If you ever die doing everything you've wanted to do in life, if you ever accomplish every single goal, can you say your life is complete? Or will you end up finding something else you want to do throughout your adventures? A life without wanting is a life lived too fast. It's good to aim for the stars and hit the moon- after all, some people never even get past the atmosphere, too afraid of their feet leaving the ground.

I am a dreamer by nature. Unfortunately, I live in a world where dreams are not always welcome, where a person isn't accorded respect unless they show responsibility at some point. I understand this and am even supportive of it. Because, as much as I like to dream, I am also pragmatic. Some dreams are never realized.

But it's nice to dream.