I can think of 15 people off the top of my head that I know directly who are bisexual. Is it just me or are more people playing both sides of the fence? Now, me, I'm hetero; completely straight. I can look at a man and find him to be attractive but that doesn't mean I am attracted to him- far from it. I can't imagine putting my "hoo-hoo dilly in someone's cha-cha" (South Park reference there), male or female. It just doesn't appeal to me. And I'm sure that if I was a woman, I don't think other women would appeal to me all that much, either. I guess I'm just not wired for it or something.

I've never understood bisexuality, to be perfectly honest. Is it that people have been so hurt by the opposite sex that they think they'll have better luck with their own? Is it a sense of comfort in familiar territory? Or is it simply that people are so hungry for affection that they'll get it wherever and from whomever they can? Have our parents, en masse, damaged us in some way? I don't know that bisexuality is damaging, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps its some sort of Sexual Revolution backlash that was never expected... or, maybe it was expected and nurtured?

Coming from the hetero male perspective, I can see why women would consider other women to be sexually attractive because, let's face it, I agree with 'em- women are wonderfully curvy, passionate, nurturing... the list goes on. But what is it about men finding other men and women to be equally enticing? From what I can tell, men are fairly angular, hairy, doltish and rather unappealing on a strictly geometric level. There are some good-looking men out there, I suppose, or the human race would have died out long ago, but what is it that men see in their "brothers" that some women don't? Is it latent homosexual desire? Curiosity? Rebellion? Counter-culturism? Fear of commitment? Since when is the opposite sex not appealing to someone (of either gender)? Does a past negative experience have something to do with it? Is it different for every person?

I don't know. I can't even begin to answer it. I just don't get it. There are times I wish I did, just to know why, but in order for me know I would have to find out for myself- and that's something I can't bring myself to do for ANY reason. I took a hell of a big leap in curiosity when I tripped on LSD the first time (which was once enough for me), crossing the line in sexual matters seems just a little too far for my lifestyle. I mean, it's expressly forbidden in my religion and I follow my religion as carefully as I can. When a bisexual person is indulging in pleasures with someone of their own gender, are they, at that point, being fully homosexual?

sigh

Could someone spell this out for me, please? I'm stumped. Maybe I'm making the mistake of equating bisexuality with watered-down homosexuality.... or sexual indecision.


Don't get me wrong, folks. I don't think ANY form of sexuality is wrong, per se. Wrong for me, yes. But wrong for others?.... who am I to judge?

No, I am simply asking what the appeal of bisexuality is because I don't understand it- but I'd never say that it's wrong for someone else. Their choices are theirs, mine are mine... but that doesn't mean understanding can't be shared or reached.... right?