I'm really protective of what little bandwidth I can get to come into my laptop, here at the cafe. The cafe employs a wireless network for its customers and has been my only source of online access for the better part of two years now. The eggheads who set it up managed to get two separate transmitters running, one for the front of the cafe and one for the back porch area. The back porch area, which now serves as the smoking area and is fully enclosed, has a roof topped with tin. Tin is a piss-poor conductor and, what's more, wireless radio signals apparently are having a hard time getting through. Nevermind that the cafe's attic, which is where the back transmitter is located, is filled to the brim with various and sundry metallic restaurant equipment, which further interferes with the signal transmissions.

I have learned, recently, that biomass (other people) also gets in the way of the signal here. Whenever there's a large group of idiots standing next to the doorway the signal drops to practically nothing- and sometimes cuts out altogether.

Who walks into a room full of chairs and doesn't bother to sit in a single one of them?

Kids, trying their best to get as much attention by being "seen" as possible, that's who. Well, the meaning of "kids" is rather loose for me these days- anyone who acts like they're 13 and still in junior high is someone I consider to be a kid, regardless of their age.

Here I am, turning into an old fart, careening down the path towards perpetual grumpiness.

I fucking hate kids.

Age is not necessarily an indication of maturity.