So I went out and saw "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" tonight. With a friend. Who I used to have a small kinda crush on. And she's recently gotten out of a weird relationship. And I think she's been nursing a sorta-like crush on me, even before her latest/last relationship began. She called me last night when I was on a date with my current crush-chic. Today I called her back and accepted her invitation to see the movie, a movie she'd seen before, with her ex who didn't "get it", but thought that I'd really enjoy. The only thing I knew about the movie is that Jim Carrey was in it. I'm glad that was all I knew.

What a surprise! A surprise that I accepted her invitation. A surprise that the movie was so damn good. A surprise that I felt un-self-conscious enough around her afterwards to discuss the story I'm writing which is kicking a 2-year streak of writer's block in the gonads. A surprise that she was able to pick the perfect movie for me while still knowing so little about me. A surprise that I am impressed by such a small thing. A surprise that my crush on her has returned unexpectedly and without warning.

She will call tomorrow and we will meet for coffee. We've met for coffee before, tons of times, but before it was never a coordinated thing, just sorta happened that we were in the same place, at the same time, with the same people, drinking the same things and liking the same topics of conversation. Tommorrow we will have a movie between us. And lots of conversations.

I don't know what to do. This is new to me. I am playing it by ear, which is unlike me. I am a planner and a creature of habit. Am I excited, nervous or stupid?