There are a few corrections that are very important to note, when dealing with the subject of landing a plane:

-The rudder is NOT used to turn the airplane. An attempt to turn the airplane solely with the rudder, while in a wings-level attitude, can place the airplane in an unstable condition, especially at low speeds. Yawing the plane at a low airspeed puts the plane into a sideslip (or forward slip). If the airspeed bleeds off enough to place you close to stall speed, one wing will stall before the other, quickly leading to a spin. During a landing approach, especially during a turn from base to final, it is likely that there will not be enough altitude to recover. The airplane will crash. The proper way to turn an airplane is to bank the wings in the direction of the turn. This will start the plane turning. The purpose of the rudder is to keep the nose pointed straight into the relative wind. In most small airplanes, this means that to turn left (for example), you would gently bank to the left, while simultaneously applying pressure on the left rudder pedal. It shouldn't take much more than that.

-The airspeeds for each airplane during landing will be different, depending on the plane. In a Cessna 172, for example, the flaps cannot be extended above 85 knots, or serious damage can result. The approach is flown at 65 knots. Other aircraft may have different speeds. To generalize may be dangerous because a speed that works in one airplane may be too fast or too slow in another. And of course, not all airplanes have a CARB HEAT knob.

That is all I have to offer at this time.