Project Entropia is a new (in development) MMORPG which will supposedly make money by having users spend real money (you can buy several "entropia" dollars for one real dollar), and earning interest or a certain percentage of that. This opens up a realm of possibilities such as making money through your online characters store, business, or actions. There is currently no speculated release date, however the game is in its second stage of beta-testing, and past due from earlier estimates.

As explained on project-etropia.com, "Project Entropia will be the next generation of interactive entertainment. In Project Entropia you will able to enter a whole world with amazing three-dimensional environments using a computer and the internet. It will be a massive virtual world where millions of users can interact with each other at the same time. Project Entropia will have a real economy system that allows you as a user to exchange real life money into PED (Project Entropia Dollars) and then back into a real currency again. Project Entropia will be free of charge with no monthly costs, which means that aside from the fees for your own local access to the internet while you are connected, the client software will be available with no payment to MindArk. All you need to do is get hold of the software that will be distributed in various ways, for example through the internet or on free CD's in computer magazines."


http://www.project-entropia.com/
http://gamespot.search.com/search?q=Project+Entropia