I, too, used to wonder why there exists a need for mild salsa. My Dad would put big scoops of that mild Ortega crap on a chip... and I'd wonder why he bothered. And sometimes I still feel that way... if I can't smell it from about five feet away, it's probably not hot enough. But one day, I got put in my place.

A guy from work came over for a football game, and I broke out the big guns. You see, I like a good Hog's Ass or some Pain Is Good (Batch #114). Good stuff... gets you right here (points to jaw). And this kid was deep-scooping this stuff. And here I was, thinking I was eating salsa that would scare off Mr. Scoville. And then, without pausing for a drink of water, he declared my salsa to be 'wussy-shit' (which was fair, since I was bragging about it being 'packed with capsaicin power').

This is a kid that deep-scoops Dave's Insanity Salsa and Blair's Death Salsa. I sincerely believe that he has no tastebuds. But, like you said, I figured... why not?

Bad idea. I have no tolerance for "Heat Level 10". After eating one minimally scooped chip, I felt like I was going to die. I literally had difficulty breathing. I drank more milk than all the chicks at lactaters.com could produce in a year, and vowed never to try it again.

I think it would have killed my dad.

I think when eating something makes you short of breath, red in the face, and makes your mouth sore for about an hour and a half, it's kind of a sign not to eat it again. But, for the psychotic among us... I issue the following challenge:

http://store.yahoo.com/hotsaucecatalog/hs1979-3.html

Blair's 3am Reserve. OK, so it's 50 bucks for less than 3 ounces. But isn't it worth it for a hot sauce that the buyer must agree to release the manufacturer and retailer of the product from liability due to injury from ingesting the product after purchase?