Okay... Have you ever heard of a deer being in the dorm? me neither. but it happened sunday at my school. i go to the university if illinois and it was in our paper today. consider it the talk of all dorm inhabitants. i usually don't write about stuff like this, but this just is amazing.

Appatrently, a deer broke through a window in the cafeteria of Garner Hall. This deer attempted to jump through yet another window, because one wasn't enough. It broke this second window, and fatally wounded itself on the broken glass.

By the time the cops arrived, fifteen minutes after 911 was called, they found that this deer had almost severed one of its front legs and lost most of its blood. This poor deer bled all over the carpet, walls, and curtains. It was a massacre.

But, as if all of this tragedy isn't bad enough, listen to how the cops handled the situation. (this is directly out of the paper.) "The police euthanized the deer with a .45-caliber pistol because of the severity of the wounds, as well as to contain further damage to property and to reduce risk of bystanders." In an earlier paragraph of the article it said, "police euthanized the deer and removed it for processing the meat."

As if the words weren't quite enough for all of us, a picture ON THE FRONT PAGE accompanies this. It shows a cop filling out papers in this lounge, and the deer is laying dead in the background. It shows tables and chairs flung all over the place, and blood scattered everywhere.

i cannot believe that people actually feel the need to publish this kind of stuff. this is horrible.

now, i am sure i will probably get negative points for posting this one, but i just wanted to let everyone know what kind of people are in this world.

Because it is so random that a deer jumps through the window of a dorm, police actually felt the need to save the meat so they can eat it later? and even worse, felt the need to publish that in the school paper?

I know i am probably not doing anything too different, but, does anyone else agree that this is disgusting? are reporters at the point where they will do anything for a story, or what?