I have this friend that lived on the floor above me this past year. I met him at the beginning of the year outside on the steps of our dorm. He caught my attention not because of his voice, not because of his looks, but because of the content to which he was talking about.

It seems that this guy, Joe, has a roommate who likes to hook up with girls alot. Well, at the beginning of the year, kind of kidding aorund, Joe established the Sex Jar.

The roommate could have the room for himself (or for himself and his female friend) anytime he wanted to, provided he put four quarters in the slot of the jar. Of course, during the last two weeks of each semester, payment went up to six quarters per time, due to the importance of finals. Once payment was made, Joe would gather his stuff, and leave the room. However, if the roommate happened to be short on the silver, it wouldn't happen, and Joe was free to stay. Joe was telling us all that on one particular occassion, the female visitor actually chipped in the six quarters to get Joe out of the room. And, still another time, the roommate ran out of quarters and just stuck two dollars in the jar.

Anyway, the point is that Joe racked in a huge amount of money, er, change. By the end of the year, Joe had almost $80. Since he usually spent those nights on the futon in our room or chilling with us, he took us all out for drinks at the end of this semester.

The moral of this story is that if any of you happen to get a roommate who has a little fetish for sex, I suggest you get a Sex Jar. Leave it by the door, and then you can make the roommate pay for sex. It's like being a prostitute without actually doing anything illegal. The roommate is paying you for sex, but he just isn't having sex with you!!! Anyway, to a college kid, money is money, and it doesn't matter if it is in the change form or the dollar form!!!