1972 Woody Allen comedy consisting of seven shorts based on the book of the same name by Dr. David Reuben. The skits are uneven in their execution, though universally inspired as they answer such questions as "Do aphrodisiacs work?" and "What's a sex pervert?".

  • Allen plays a court jester who obtains a magic potion to seduce the jealous king's wife (played by his then-wife Louise Lasser), but didn't count on her chastity belt.
  • Gene Wilder plays a doctor who sheepishly discovers that love doesn't just happen between a man and a woman.
  • A transvestite can't resist the urge to try on his future son-in-law's mother's new dress at a dinner party.
  • In a spoof of Italian cinema, Allen plays a husband who discovers his wife can only climax in public.
  • Jack Berry spins the old 1950s game shows with "What's My Pervision?" (with a cameo by Regis Philbin).
  • A mad sex scientist's experiment in human sexuality goes horribly wrong, unleashing a gigantic breast on a sleepy countryside.
  • In perhaps the funniest skit, we are given a peek at what goes on in the body during sex, with Burt Reynolds and Tony Randall controlling the action from the brain and Allen downstairs as a reluctant Sperm.
  • This film was created during the early stage of Allen's carreer, before he began experimenting with darker and more mature themes. Within his canon it snuggles nicely with Bananas and Take the Money and Run.