Heather Graham was born on January 29, 1970 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Because her father worked with the FBI, Heather's family was forced to move regularly. She wasn't a popular girl in high school, and that combined with problems with her family, led her to a very quiet first few years.

Heather landed some small parts in Hollywood films (she was always into theater), like License to Drive and Drugstore Cowboy. She also appeared in the TV show Twin Peaks. Heather attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA - go Bruins!) for 2 years before dropping out. She was an English Literature major. Heather's major break came in 1992, when she worked in Diggstown, a movie that brought her in contact with actor James Woods, who would give her the break in the industry.

Heather went on to play roles in Six Degrees of Separation, Don't Do It, Even Cowboys Get the Blues, Swingers, and Two Girls and a Guy. Heather's most important role, however, came in 1997's Boogie Nights. She played Roller Girl, a fledgeling porn actress who wore roller skates all the time. The movie was based on the true life story of porn star John Holmes.

After a cameo in Scream 2, Heather went on to appear as the seductive spy Felicity Shagwell in Mike Meyer's Austin Powers 2: The Spy Who Shagged Me (still one of her most popular roles to date, in part due to her provocative appearance in the Lenny Kravitz music video, "American Woman" for the movie). She also appeared in Bowfinger the same year.