I got into a car accident today.

Nothing serious. I was driving along 14th Street South, in Calgary. I was on my way to pick up some cheap gas (48.1 cents per liter!) at the Safeway gas bar. Traffic sucked as per usual. A lot of stopping and going. The car in front of me braked suddenly, and I had to stop even more suddenly.

I did that, and the car behind me did as well. The van behind it however, did not. It rear ended the car behind me, which caused it to slam into my car, which caused my car to hit the car in front of me. Isn't the law of conservation of momentum fun?

There wasn’t any damage to the car in front of me. My car was ok, just a small chip in the paint. And considering that it’s a POS Tempo, I don’t really give a shit about that. Car behind me got the worst of it. She can’t get her trunk open anymore. Dude in the car in front of me said that it’ll probably take about $1000 to fix.

As for part of the day before that, I slept in about 4 hours. I missed my quiz in differential equations. First one I’ve missed so far this year, so I guess it’s not that bad. I called the Department of National Defence in relation to a story I’m writing for the school newspaper, the Gauntlet. No word back from them, however when I was flipping channels before leaving for class, they had the question period in the House of Commons on CTV, and they brought up the subject of my article. So instead of some functionary at the DND, I have a quote from the Prime Minister for my story. Pretty nice I’d say.

I got to my lab in Materials Engineering, and was in and out in 30 minutes. Ran into a friend, got a slurpee and went back to my fraternity house to play Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for about 2 hours before driving home and getting into an accident.