Prune juice is quite obviously the juice made from prunes. Prunes are dried plums. So prune juice is basically just semi-distilled plum juice. I have no idea why this is so much more popular than plum juice.

Ok, after reading the prune node, it appears that prunes aren't just dried plums, but a seperate species of plum, with characteristics that make it easy to dry. However, I'd still rather have plum juice, or just plums, than prune juice.

It is quite likely because most people drink prune juice not as much for the taste, as for it’s nutritional benefits. It is high in vitamin A, potassium, magnesium, fiber, iron, and antioxidants. There are those who believe antioxidants help fight the aging process, and prune juice has the highest concentration of antioxidants in any juice out there. The high fiber also makes it somewhat of a natural laxative. This is why prune juice is often viewed as something only old people drink, which isn’t really true.


How to remove prune juice stains from fabric:
  • Blot to remove excess juice. Wet fabric with minimum amount of water, soak 1 minute, and blot with paper towel. Repeat water/blot procedure until no juice can be seen on the towel.
  • Apply 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed with household ammonia and blot. Rinse with clear water and blot dry. If fabric stain is persistent, wet stained area with water. Apply small amount of detergent/water solution, work into stained area with sponge and blot. Repeat detergent/ water application until no stain is evident on towel.
  • Rinse with clear water to remove traces of detergent and blot dry. It is important to remove all traces of detergent to prevent rapid resoiling.
Source: fabriclink.com