At the beginning of this year I made a resolution to pledge a lot more daylogs -- like once a week at least. Now I'm worrying that I'm posting more daylogs than anything else. Almost makes me want to stop doing them just so I'll be motivated to return that writing energy to fictional stories and factual --um, thingees. On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if one day it will all suddenly and without warning disappear. After all, the Internet provides a boggling array of outlets for any person desirous of sharing their talent (or what they think they have of it), thoughts, ideas, conceptions, even straight up brain farts. The degrees of variance amongst these fora are myriad and endlessly fascinating.

One of the odder of these by many measures is Jyte, which used to exist at http://www.jyte.com. (Yes, it claims they'll be back shortly. It's been about a year). The essential operation there was to make a proposition which others can respond to by indicating they either agree or disagree. There was a length limit somewhat longer than a twitter tweet. The proposition itself could be no more than a few sentences, and most were probably under maybe 25 words. The jyter could, as well, post expansive comments relating to the proposition on the page auto-created for discussion of the proposition. Community feedback came by jyters who would either agree or disagree with whatever it is which was proposed. This is not necessarily a call on whether they approve or disapprove of your post, since the post could address things purely coming from personal taste. For example, a jyter could post "I like hip hop" and even others who thought this a good subject would disagree if they happened to not like hip hop. A better barometer of the quality of the proposition would be the number of people who bother to opine on it at all.

I used to post lots of propositions on Jyte. Some about Pandeism, naturally, or the libertarian view of things. Some about what might be nice to have for lunch or what would happen in a hundred years. Who knows, there were hundreds of them, and I suppose it never really occurred to me that one day I'd go to visit the site and would find nothing more than a permanent 'technical difficulties' notice.

Don't do this to me, okay, E2?


----

In auditing news:

borgo -- on page 10 of 20. Just about halfway.

Jack is next.

Blessings!!