The Art of Blowjob is a website which features highly stylized vids by one Camille Crimson (possibly a pseudonym -- ya think?) performing oral sex on a male partner (always, according to the site literature, the same person, her lucky boyfriend, whose face is not shown). One need not subscribe to the website to see some of these vids, since Crimson herself has posted many on various internet porn destinations for the purpose of driving business to her website (if not for the sake of her art).

And indeed, the theme underpinning Crimson's venture is that she's not just selling porn, she's selling art; that a well-performed blowjob is itself a work of art. And, well, why not? If ballroom dancing and ice sculpting with chainsaws fall into the ever-increasing category of the artistic, why not oral sex performed with an eye towards the aesthetic, with a point lying beyond mere titillation and venturing into excitation of things beyond just the erogenous zones. Oh, them too, but also beyond them.

The vids seek to achieve their end through a combination of effects, through choice of music, lighting, filters, angles, pacing, and, naturally, the motions of the active participant in the event. They are complete in their capture of the subject, from preparations proceeding activity of the mouth to the culminatory ejaculation, oft swallowed without being seen (and so, unlike porn films finishing in a money shot, leaving something to the imagination of that process). A fair-skinned fiery redhead, Crimson tends to complement her hair coloring with bright red lipstick that contrasts sharply against her pale skin. Crimson is, by the way, not the only one out there with this sell -- there is one "Fellucia Blow" (hmmmm, possibly another pseudonym) who operates under the same pretense and with much the same style.

In considering all of this, I concede that art is in the eye of the beholder. The vids are, to my viewing at least, pleasant as pornography goes, with a tenderness and playfulness and eye to details exceeding the physical act sorely lacking in much brutally commercial pornography. And, indeed, some of the best porn happens because its directors are breaking a bound in trying to tell and actual story!! Though it might also be suggested that a true artist would attempt to shock, to do something more than simply suck a cock more tastefully than is typically done by the sellers of such vids, putting aside the cynicism of observing the website owner's own profit motivation, this kind of work is a social commentary, a shock to the system all its own!! It opens out our mind to the possibility that, just as we might for a moment fancy ourselves a masterful dancer when stepping out onto the dance floor, so might we do to imagine ourselves as venturing upon a work of art as we enter into the performance of an act of the oral pleasuring of another.