...tell me a story about rains, again. I remember the first time, sitting in the dark, looking out the window at the rain coming down, watching the cars pass through the damp sinuous streets. I had just repeated the old cliché about Eskimos, and you turned towards me and smiled gently, before a litany of words poured from your mouth like a sudden cloudburst ...downpour, storm, mizzle, light precipitation, hurricane, deluge,shower, typhoon, scud, drizzle washout, cats and dogs..words washing over me like the rains from heaven, like a baptism washing away my sins.

So tell me a story about rains, all those stories unfurling with the curling of leaves as the water drips from them after the storm has passed. Sitting in the rain at night, that time, out on the porch reaching out with our hands to catch raindrops you turned to me with that smile on your lips again and said I love it when it rains at night. Do you remember how you told me that rain is best when warm and how when you were a child you would always run outside on evenings like this with your tongue stuck right out to catch the drops, and our lips brushed together as a single drop fell between them and you said I was tasty like a raindrop.

Tell me a story about rains, just one more time, and wash me clean, because I'm sitting in the rain, in a place where it rains too much and it can't rain all the time can it?