The problem with adopting a position of blanket condemnation of drugs - as was the tendency with a lot of 'official' advice (at least until recently - this is beginning to change, at least in the UK for the reasons I outline below) to simply say that 'drugs are bad', is that this is not an accurate reflection of the truth. It is an undeniable truth that taking drugs can be a pleasurable (and even illuminating) experience and is so for the majority of users - that's why they take them. To deny this in advice about drugs (and by extension everything nodes) causes the intention behind that advice to backfire - if you tell people that all drugs are bad and they do some drugs and find it wasn't that bad at all then you have handed a good reason for disregarding ALL of your advice.

The only way we can talk sensibly about drugs is honestly, and with full consideration of all the relevant factors - and that means realising it's not just about drugs, it's about a person's mindset, their life history, what conditions they take them in, the illegality of drugs and a host of other things that have little (if anything) to do with drugs (in) themselves.

I have written nodes in which I describe taking acid as a good idea because for me, at that time it WAS a good idea, as generally by experience with lsd has been an enjoyable and illuminating one (even something which has changed my life for the better) and to deny this would be dishonest.

Saying this does not alter the fact that for other people, including people I have known, it has been a very bad idea.

What we need is honest dialogue so maybe we can begin to figure what makes it a positive experience for some and a negative experience for others and give advice accordingly - like DON'T ever go near hallucinogens if you have a history of schizophrenia in your family or even if you are feeling stressed or worried (and good advice like this has been around since Timothy Leary and his ilk drew up the cardinal rule of set and setting.)