Dreamatis Personae:

A: Asian girl looking for love, modeled after Ailinh.
B: A's beau. He's just this guy, you know.
C: A cybernetic girl, perpetually getting into trouble.
D: The ship doctor. Possibly the narrator.

The Transformers ship crash landed on Earth in the age of dinosaurs, right? So they had to be prepared to work in an environment full of dinosaurs, but by the time they left the ship, all they found were automobiles and cities everywhere, so that was the environment they eventually adapted to. I have no idea how Beast Wars fits into this. At any rate, there was a lot going on in that ship over the aeons: not just a bunch of nanomachines slowly repairing while they exponentially reproduce, but serious work for intelligent beings figuring out what needed to be done. (Maybe a good way to get nanomachines into your system would be to inhale a perfluorocarbon solution containing them.)

So that's where we come in: trying to get the ship in order before setting the nanomachines to work. Of course there was much personal drama, or this wouldn't make for good viewing. Allow me to elaborate: C and B were in heated discussion over some technical matter, when B just lost it, pulled out his laser sword and sliced C right in half, just under her heart and shoulders. She was wriggling her stumps of arms and bleeding a bit, but nothing a cyborg couldn't handle.

At the moment I woke up, D was in the lab dressing C's wounds (her body had simply been abandoned), and A was in her quarters on the ship, distraught as anything, because at that time B was descending a ladder from the ship to investigate the wreckage below (á la Sphere)