No, no, no, the OTHER brewery in St. Louis, Missouri. The St. Louis Brewery is the first new brewery in St. Louis since the Prohibition. Founded in 1991, the St. Louis Brewery offers several delicious brews. The flavors of beer brewed are divided into two categories, year-round and seasonal. Obviously enough, you can only get the seasonal during certain months, while the year round beers are always available. They're all distributed under the Schlafly label with different descriptive modifiers. For the seasonal beers, there are at least 40 different varieties. I've only listed the ones I've tried. For a complete list, visit http://www.schlafly.com. All of their beers are available in kegs or growlers, which are half gallon glass jugs. Yes, a half gallon of beer. In a glass jug. The regular beers and a few more are available in six packs.

Regular
  • Pale Ale - Haven't tried it. Heard it's good. Update: It is good.
  • Hefeweizen - A wheat ale. Delicious, fairly hoppy.
  • Oatmeal Stout - A really good stout. I prefer it to Guinness, especially since it's only half the price.
  • Pilsner - It's a nice lager that tastes pretty good. I prefer medium to dark ales, personally, but this was good.
  • American Lager - Haven't tried it, but it's supposed to be like the Pilsner.
  • American Pale Ale - Ditto above, except like the Hefeweizen.
Seasonal
  • Scotch Ale - A very good dark ale. Think Newcastle, but darker and somewhat sweeter. January.
  • Porter - Another dark ale. Even darker than the Scotch ale, but still delicious. October.
  • Winter ESB (Extra Special Bitter) - Tastes almost like Bud Light, but it's an ale, not a lager. October.
  • Imperial Stout - This is awesome. Stronger than Guinness, it's truly a meal in a glass. November.
  • Barleywine - Due to the extremely alcoholic nature of this beverage, legally it's classified as a wine. Crazy delicious, she kicks nine kinds of ass in a five-ass town. It's a stout, btw. December.

Beer isn't the only cool thing about the St. Louis Brewery, however. The company also owns and operates two brewpubs, the Schlafly Tap Room and the Schlafly Bottleworks. Each site brews the beer served on location. The Tap Room was founded first, at the corner of 21st and Locust. It was built in the historic Swift Printing building, constructed in 1902. The building was almost claimed in a 1976 firestorm that engulfed all four corners of the intersection. The building then deteriorated to the point that it was used as a location in the film Escape from New York as a scene of post-apocalyptic New York. It's the site of the annual Oktoberfest, which has its own special seasonal beer.

The other brewpub, the Schlafly Bottleworks, is located at Southwest Ave. and Manchester. This is where the brewery is located. It's also the more modern of the two, having been opened in April, 2003 on the 70th Anniversary of Prohibition's repeal. All of Schlafly's bottling distribution operations are located at this facility. There's also a farmer's market and a restaurant.