Club Pogo

Club Pogo, is an internet based game site, operated and owned by EA Games. At Club Pogo, http://www.pogo.com there are two membership options. The basic membership which is free,, players are limited to the games they can play. The "Premium Membership" which can be purchased for $4.99 monthly, or $29.99 yearly.

With the basic membership, players often have to put up with ad interuptions, while with the premium membership, players have ad free game play.

There is a wide range of games, from card games including different versions of Solitaire, Euchre, Hearts and Gin. Traditional board games, like Chess, Checkers, and Cribbage. As well as puzzle games, like: Sweettooth, Stack'em, Phlinx - a game very similar to Bust-A-Move, Stellar Sweeper, very much like the Minesweeper game on Windows operating systems, and the highly addictive Wonderland Memories, an Alice in Wonderland themed memory game. There are numerous sport games, word games like QWERTY, much like Scrabble, and casino games as well.

Not to mention a lot of the games have ranks and rank badges. Ranks are achieved by getting some many points, or winning so many games. It varies from each one. At certain ranks in the games, you can get a badge. This is great if you want to show off how good you are at a game.

Players win tokens based upon how well they succeeded at playing the game. Likewise, at the end of each game, players are given a jackpot spin. With the jackpot spin, players can win more tokens, prize packages or even money. The highest amount the jackpot goes up to is a nice $4999.00 Premium players have one up on it too, as if money is won, in some games, the amount is DOUBLED. Tokens can be used to enter into drawings for money, or monthly prize pacakages.

Premium members also get the chance to win weekly badges, with which they can adorn their profile. To win the badges, you must complete the weekly challenge. There are 2 weekly challenges for different games, and the challenge always varies. There is also 1 weekly Personal Challenge, in which members can dig into past challenges which the haven't (or have) already won.

Pogo recently added new badge books that players can purchase for a small price. Each book has a number of challenges to complete. With each game challenge completed, an animated badge is given. When all the challenges in the book are completed, and extra badge is given, just for doing so. The easiest book has 4 challenges, and the hardest has an astounding 12.

Club Pogo is a fun place to meet new people and play challenging games and lose track of lots of time. For some people, Pogo is not just a game, but a lifestyle. It's a great community of sorts where you get to interact. Though the people you may never actually meet the people you talk to, in person, they quickly become a friend. It's a great way to just relax and forget about your troubles, even if it is for only half and hour at a time. But in the end, the main purpose is to just have fun!!

If I've intrigued you enough, I encourage you to go to the website and check it out.
_____

I first ran across Pogo in October of 2003.Since then, I've been known to that community as Petemuzzy1983. I played as a basic member at first, but then I decided that I'd see how the premium membership was. It was then, that I fell in love with it. I would look forward to see what the new badges would look like. I also spent a lot of time trying to get to Jaguar Rank the 30th and highest in Tri-Peaks Solitaire. It was hard, but the effort was worth it. I love the site so much, that most times, I multi-task and play games while I'm (supposed to be) doing other things. I have the game rooms that I normally go to, and I'm often checking my friends list to see who's on. I often try and recruit my friends, but they just don't seem very interested. Oh well, to each his/her own.